With the control unit SMSCOM Switchbox you can control lamps, one heater and two ventilators.
With this model, 4 lights of a maximum of 600W each can be controlled and the Digital FanController enables the control of 2 ventilators of 1200W combined.
Contrary to the analogue operation of the SMSCOM Switchbox, the control is digital. That is why the Switchbox has got many advantages over controllers without software control. For one thing there is the TempProtector for the light control, for another thing there is the Delayed-StartUp which makes sure that each lamp switches on seriatim and with delay to prevent peak values.
1. Connect the lights to the yellow outlets
2. Set the correct time on the Grässlin timer
3. Using the 15 min. segments, set the On/Off times on the Grässlin timer
4. Set the Grässlin timer to AUTO (clock symbol)
5. Set the TempProtector to the desired maximum temperature limit (e.g.35°C)
6. Connect the ventilators to the blue outlets (the smallest to Fan In/ the largest to Fan Out)
7. Using the 2 dials, set the minimum ventilation speed (e.g.30%) and the wished temperature (e.g.25°C)
8. Connect the heater to the black outlet
9. Station the 2 temperature sensors in the middle of the room. But not directly below the lights and not in the air flow.
10. Connect the switchbox to your main outlet and turn it on*
Light Control (yellow outlets)
With the Grässlin timer you can control the On/Off times of the lamps in 15 min. segments OR switch it manually ( 0 / I ).
The TempProtector has to be set on the maximum temperature the room may reach before the TempProtector starts to switch off the lamps one at a time until the temperature drops below the maximum limit. The built-in safety timer makes sure that the turned off lamps will stay off for 30 min. before they switch on again. This delay protects the lamps from restarting while they are still too hot.
But one lamp stays switched on, independentely which temperature the room has got.
Double Digital FanController (blue outlets)
To control the IN and OUT ventilators, the Switchbox has got a double digital FanController. They run day and night to maintain the desired temperature. This temperature and the minimum fan speed can be set by the 2 dials. Automatically, the switchbox will find the correct speed for the fans to maintain that temperature. Of course, you can also use the switchbox with only one ventilator (connect to ?Fan Air Out?).
*When first turned on, the switchboxes' FanController scans the room for 5 min. to find the best fan speed. During this calibration of the switchbox the ventilators will start running faster and slower. After this process the FanController now always knows which fan speed is needed and how to control it reliable.
Attention: The connected ventilators combined maximum load is 1200W/5A.
Set a sufficient minimum speed! (If that is to little, the ventilator can produce electronical noises and the air in the room possibly can not be refreshed adequately).
Heater (black outlet)
While the lights are out, the heater will be active.
When the light control is overloaded, the fuse on the left side (16A) blows and the red LED indicator switches on. When the FanController is overloaded, the fuse on the right side (5A) blows. There is no LED switching on, but the ventilators stop running.
In both cases you have to replace the fuses and reduce the connected load.
- Do not place the temperature sensors directly under a lamp or in the airflow. That would impair the function of the sensors.
- An overload of the switchbox can impair the control unit durable
- Damage and risks that are caused by inappropriate use of the switchbox are not covered by the manufacturers warranty