Ripen is a mix of refined mineral salts and buffers, formulated by our laboratories with the greatest precision. Indeed, at this stage, accuracy is of the utmost importance: the plant, at the end of its life, is generally more fragile and the assimilation process is greatly reduced when compared with the vegetative phase.
Ripen is a comprehensive plant nutrient used during the late flowering stage of the plant. It is specifically designed to speed up and enhance the ripening process, while increasing the content in active principles of medicinal, aromatic and culinary plants.
This type of formulation is referred to, in the greenhouse industry, as a ‘forcing solution‘.
Ripen acts at different levels:
• It brings to the plants all the mineral salts they need, in a form easy to assimilate.
• In case of a previous accumulation of nitrate or microelements, it helps metabolise these residues, which will improve the taste of the crop.
• It forces the plant to reinforce its defences and thus increase its active principles.
• It gives the plant a strong signal that it is coming to the end of its life. The plant reacts by speeding the ripening process, in a last effort to spread its genes.
This nutrient has many properties:
• In case of a severe infestation of fungi or insects, it allows you to accelerate the natural cycle and get something out of a crop otherwise completely lost.
• It increases the active principle in medicinal plants. When you are growing a plant for its medicinal properties, this is the nutrient of choice to boost the concentration in the final product.
• Indoors, it helps you harmonise the end of the cycle by speeding up the ripening of the slowest plants.
• Outdoors, it enables you to quickly harvest a crop, before it is spoiled by a cold and humid weather.
Usage: During the last 10 days of the blooming, add (without using former needed fertilizers) 4-5ml of Ripen per 1000ml of water when you got a hydroponic system(EC:1,8-2,2 und pH value 5,5). If you use it on land: at an ph value of 6.5, half the dosage or at every second watering.
N-P-K value: 0 - 6 - 5